Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Birthday

Daddy woke me up and sang me Happy Birthday.  He also held up one finger and told me that I was now 1 years old!

Mommy and Grandma took me out to lunch at Sainsbury's cafe.  I had a great time, watching everybody eat their lunches.  I especially liked stealing Grandma's cheerios--a new favourite!

After Mommy finished making my cake, she let me lick the beaters!

 Here I am eating my lunch in Sainsbury's.

When Daddy came home at the end of the day, I began opening my presents.  It sure looks like I'll be keeping busy over the next couple of months. 

 Happy that Daddy came home early from work.

Here I am trying to look cool


And deep in thought...

Truth be told, I'm just as happy with a box or wrapping.

Skyping with Grandpa and Annabelle while opening my present.

After opening all my presents, Daddy told me that I had one more left.  Then, he wheeled around the corner my first trike.  Boy, did I go crazy.  I wanted to climb up onto it right away.  When Daddy pushed me around on my trike in the backyard, I starting waving wildly.  Mommy and Grandma joked that it looked like I was the Queen waving from her carriage.

Loving my trike!

I ate a lovely birthday dinner--salmon fishcakes!  For dessert, Mommy brought a cake for me...a banana cupcake topped with whipped cream!  I made a real mess!

I was fascinated by this new light--fire!

Enjoying my cake.

Boy, did I enjoy my first birthday.  Especially my cake---perhaps a little too much.  It gave me a tummy ache and I threw up later on that night!  Next time, I'll skip the whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment